How Local SEO Services Can Benefit Small Businesses?
1 January 2020
Fulfilling the needs of the customers and maximizing profits is the main motive of every business, whether it is big or small. Nowadays people have become totally digitalized and advanced. Everything they want is just a click away. The use of a smartphone is helpful to get information about anything people want including products and services. Are you a small business owner? Or do you run a local business? Well, we have some good news for you. You can immensely benefit from local SEO (search engine optimization) services. Local SEO has emerged as one of the most powerful, and essential components of digital marketing techniques for many small or local businesses. Google has recently indicated that one in three US mobile queries is now local and 87% of the people use smartphones on-the-go. Google also found that 95% of mobile users search for local information on their phones primarily for calling up or visiting a business. This allows Google and other search engines to serve users with the most relevant information from the data they have. Resulting in local businesses becoming more and more prevalent.
What is Local SEO?
“Go local” is the new mantra in the US…to shop local, eat local, buy local, etc. This new wave of thinking has led to a growing demand for local SEO services amongst many small or local business owners. Local SEO is an incredibly effective means to promote businesses online to local customers within a geographic area or location. It is an act of grooming your online business profile to reach the local searches relevant to your business. The difference between local SEO and organic SEO services is the ‘intent’. Google can pretty well pick out the search queries that have’ local intent’ which means they will then deliver local search results to users.
The primary objective of local SEO is optimizing a website to be found in local search results.
It covers all those search terms that are relevant to local intent such as:
- Florists near me
- Hairstylist in NJ
- Doctors in NY
- Dentists in LA
- Plumbers in Utah
So, local SEO is a strategic process that plays a significant role in promoting local brick and mortar businesses in their communities at the same time local customers are online.
Why you need local SEO for your small business?
- As per the latest reports, search algorithms are adapting to local, “Near me” searches. So, Local SEO ensures that your business qualifies with the local search results. This includes certain geo qualifiers, specific keywords search as ‘near me’, Zip code, maps, etc.
- It ensures that Google picks up the geolocation of the searcher and provides search results from that particular area.
- It helps you have a competitive advantage over your local competitors.
- It ensures that your business is found on Google maps and helps customers reach you.
- It brings in the highest conversion levels of all your local marketing or advertising efforts.
- It helps attract more customers for less cost.
- It helps you reach people on other platforms too. One of the best things about local SEO is that apart from Google, your business page can also reach apps such as Yelp, Yellow pages, Waze, Apple apps, Trip Advisor, etc., So it helps your business become more sophisticated.
Conclusion: Local SEO is a powerful digital marketing technique to be adopted by every small business owner for all the right reasons; the advantages you gain from local services are not limited. It helps generate more visibility, more customer engagement, trust and authority and so on. Hiring an SEO agency is the most effective way to rank high in the search engine results page. Thomas Consulting Group offers local SEO services for small business owners who want to maximize their profits and stand toe-to-toe with the leaders in the industry.